To register yourself as a Carer complete the carer form and email it back to us using the following Practice email address firstname.lastname@example.org You will then be sent a Carer Pack which includes links and support information and start availing of a health & wellbeing annual carer review at the Practice.
An annual review appointment can be arranged with the Practice Nurse by contacting reception.
Please click the following link for Carers NI Information.
The information above and annual review at the Practice aims to help people with long term health conditions, or those caring for them, develop the skills and confidence needed to better manage their situation day to day and beyond.
The information look at ways to help manage the effects of their long-term condition or caring situation such as:
- Dealing with pain and tiredness
- Dealing with feelings of frustration, depression and isolation
- Learning relaxation techniques and increasing physical activity
- Encouraging healthy eating
- Communicating with family and health professionals
- Reviewing appropriate use of medication
- Planning for the future
For further information contact Lyn Campbell, Carers NI, Information Development Office, Northern Trust - Office Tel 028 9043 9843