When a pharmacist may be able to help
Your pharmacist may be able to help you with:
- coughs, colds, eye conditions, stomach upsets, skin conditions, allergies, aches and pains
- common drugs, vitamins and minor first-aid
- healthy eating and living, including giving up smoking
- blood pressure and diabetes monitoring and needle exchange, truss fittings, stoma products and incontinence supplies
- women's health, including treatment for thrush, emergency contraception and pregnancy testing
- children's health, including nappy rash, teething, coughs and colds, threadworms, head lice, warts and verrucas
- all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines
Ask at your chemist about the Minor Ailments scheme or click the following link for more information on what services your local chemist can offer to you.
Meadowbridge Surgery no longer offers a Private Travel Vaccination Service. There are however, various clinics in Northern Ireland offering this service, the most local at Carrick Health Centre Pharmacy, Taylors Avenue, (contact information can be found on line for other clinics in Belfast/Bangor).
An appointments at Meadowbridge Surgery can then be arranged for any NHS Travel Vaccines outstanding following your attendance at the Private Travel Clinic. Patients will receive writing information to bring to the Practice Nurse indicating any outstanding NHS free Travel Vaccines required. Our Practice Nurse will not give Travel advice regarding private vaccines.
You can find information on vaccines you may require from the links below. We cannot vouch that the information on the links is up to date. You should contact a travel clinic to confirm vaccinations required.
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe a very useful booklet has been published with advice and guidance to help you get the most out of your holiday. To visit please click:- http://ec.europa.eu/publications/booklets/eu_glance/86/en.pdf (this is a large document and may take a minute or two to view)